ABGI Construction have a responsibility to minimise our impact on society and the natural environment when we design, build and manage facilities. We work closely with our employees, customers, suppliers and subcontractors on all aspects of sustainability. We strive to balance short and long term interests, and to make economic, environmental and social considerations integral to our decision-making.
We are committed to being a responsible business. This means conducting our activities according to rigorous ethical, professional and legal standards.
1. Customers: We strive to exceed client expectations We work in partnership with our customers to deliver good quality projects on time, safely and with due regard to the environment. We develop low carbon options whenever possible for our customers and encourage them to choose sustainable design, materials and construction methods. We aim to be the preferred supplier of low carbon solutions.
2. Community: We promote good community relations By its very nature, our construction and refurbishment activities have an impact upon the local environment, end users and the wider community. We take a proactive stance in minimising disruption to our neighbours, and seek to make a positive contribution to the local community by including the preferred use of local labour and services.
4. Employees: We are committed towards our employees We create a safe and inspiring workplace environment for all our employees enabling them to develop their skill set and contribute to the growth of our business. The commitments to our people are as follows:
• Health and safety – Health and safety is our top priority. We are committed to continually improving the health and safety of our employees, subcontractors and those affected by our activities, including members of the public.
• Equality and diversity – We provide an inclusive working environment where everyone feels valued and respected. We are committed to equal opportunities, and ensuring that we do not discriminate against anyone on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age.
5. Supply chain: We procure responsibly We treat our supply chain partners fairly and responsibly. We work with our subcontractors and suppliers to ensure they operate in a safe and environmentally responsible way. Together with our preferred partners we promote and develop sustainable solutions and best practices across the sector. Planet: we recognise our responsibility to future generations
6. Energy: We strive to reduce our climate change impact We will improve our energy efficiency, reduce our CO2 emissions and work with our clients to do the same by providing them with low carbon solutions.
7. Resources: We will improve resource efficiency We believe in reducing the supply of natural resources used in our products. We collaborate with our clients and supply chain to use alternative materials and methods to optimise the use of raw materials. We also promote measures to recycle and minimise waste.
8. Environment: We will limit our environmental impact We take all reasonable measures to ensure that our activities are conducted in a way that minimises our impact on the local environment. We promote good environmental practice and seek opportunities to enhance biodiversity on our construction sites.
9. Innovation: We innovate to identify balanced sustainable solutions Innovation is essential for our company’s success. Together with our partners in the value chain we will provide sustainable solutions that balance economic, environmental and social interests. This approach ensures that we use materials efficiently and deliver value to our customers.
10. Prosperity: We believe that sustainability leads to economic prosperity We aim to create value for our shareholders and society by operating both profitably and sustainably. We believe that by applying these principles we create value for our shareholders, customers, employees and the public.